Over the years, technology has transformed our world and the way we lead our daily lives. Technology has created amazing tools and systems to put across useful information at our fingertips. And one of the most precious gifts of technology is Artificial Intelligence (AI). It’s a simulation of human intelligence in machines, wherein they are programmed to think like humans and even mimic their actions. Artificial Intelligence can be applied to any machine that exhibits traits that relate to human minds, such as problem solving and learning.
AI is a constellation of various different technologies that work together to enable machines to sense and act with human-like levels of intelligence. It allows machines to learn from experiences, get adjusted to new inputs and performs human-like tasks. Undoubtedly, Artificial Intelligence is an extension of human potential. Here we bring forth the points that build the case for AI as an effective change agent.
- Brings no chance of human error: Humans are, at times, prone to counter-productive phenomenon such as stress, fatigue, and forgetfulness, the occurrence of which could lead to errors in decision making. For example, an overtly stressed car driver may make a fatal mistake while driving, which could land everyone in the car into a tragedy. Here, AI acts as a change agent, bringing scope of human error to zero. It uses previously collected information from the machine and offers best expertise in terms of machine action. If we look at our daily routine, we see that AI has simplified much of our work, right from turning lights on to internet surfing to playing music. AI helps keep the records of the all-important information in any activity it is deployed into. In this way, it completes tasks with 100% accuracy with respect to the algorithms defined.
- Faster Decisions: By using AI, along with other related technologies, key business decisions can be made in a faster manner. The best thing about AI is that it is well-programmed and brings the result out in a logical manner, unlike humans who analyze both emotional and practical factors. AI eliminates human biases and costs too. That’s how it speeds up the decision-making process. It uses modeling techniques that provide reliable insight into the consumers’ persona and help businesses make informed decisions. The expert thinking processes of AI provide data which is comprised of assessment and recommendations for the problems, make the right decisions and respond promptly in case of any problems.
- Facilitates online interaction: AI has launched digital assistants that help interact with users, allowing workforce to concentrate on their core competencies. AI in the form of digital assistants is being used by many websites to solve the queries of users. When we interact on such sites, it becomes hard to decipher whether we are chatting with a person or a chatbot. These chatbots or voice-bots help customers clarify all their doubts and queries regarding the product or the service in question. Already, organizations have started using them on mobile applications and websites which shows that AI has a long way to go in the coming times in the field of online communications.
- Bears high risks: One of the biggest advantages of AI is that it bears high risks. It has the power to bear risks that are often overlooked by humans. AI plays a great role when it comes to applications such as defusing a bomb, going to Mars, exploring the deepest parts of oceans, mining for oils etc. In fact, it can also be effectively used in any kind of natural or man-made disasters. As there is no human involvement, even risky actions can be undertaken with the help of AI. Its risk bearing capacity is definitely unmatched by human abilities.
- Available round the clock: An average human being can work for 8 to 10 hours at a stretch, excluding small breaks. They need refreshments time-to-time and even need space to maintain work-life balance. They have emotions, and feel happy by giving time to relationships. People are mostly on rest mode during weekends. However, AI machines work seven days a week, 24/7 and without any breaks. They even don’t get bored like humans. That’s why AI plays a major role in helpline centers where queries can be handled effectively.
- Versatile Applications: Within the purview of imagery, AI can understand, capture and also use digital, visual information for various purposes. By understanding items such as patterns, colors and shapes of the image, AI can help extract relevant data without human intervention. It brings out innovations in almost every domain. AI helps solve complicated problems, whether related to healthcare, automobile, manufacturing processes or banking operations.
- Helps out in repetitive jobs: In our day-day work, there are certain works that are repetitive, such as sending a thank you mail, correcting daily errors, and checking the documents applied for verification. With AI and cognitive automation, such mundane tasks are done automatically.
Intelligence has always been considered to be a unique human attribute. However, as IT and Computer Science are progressing, AI has emerged as a change agent. As one of the most advanced forms of technology, it’s capable of overcoming human shortcomings in terms of quality of work and speed. AI is capable of executing various tasks ranging from daily household routine to managing pressing official requirements. It is a new boon for individuals and corporations, improving society and quality of life as a whole.