If you’re already familiar with SFCC, Commerce Cloud will first supply you with the Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA), which is the Base Code that includes all of the essential functionality of an e-commerce website. All we need to do is customize the website to our specifications. Here comes the main task, i.e. customization. The modification might range from adding a basic function to integrating a third-party application with the SFCC. Let’s take a look at one such integration, Bazaarvoice Integration With SFCC.
How Bazaarvoice becomes an add-on to your e-commerce website?
Before continuing, let’s take a closer look at how Bazaarvoice may help your website or can be a supplement to it.
Through Bazaarvoice, a website or shop may gather and even display various sorts of UGC (user-generated content) on e-commerce websites. This service comprises Product Ratings and Reviews, Social Content, Insights, and many more that encourage customers to make better-informed purchasing decisions, making Bazaarvoice unquestionably a bonus for brands and merchants.
How to Integrate Bazaarvoice with SFCC:
Third-party integrations are typically a difficult undertaking unless your third party is a Salesforce LINK partner, in which case our job is simplified.
Now, follow these procedures to connect/integrate Bazaarvoice with SFCC:
1. Simply navigate to the Bazaarvoice Link Market Place by clicking on the following link:
2. To download the Link Cartridge of BazaarVoice, you now require access to your Commerce Cloud Business Manager Account.
3. Now When you click on the Download Integration link, you will be prompted for your Business Manager credentials for authentication. After a few minutes, you will get the Zip file of your Link Cartridge downloaded. This Link Cartridge includes all cartridges,meta data,node modules, and documentation on integration processes for SFRA, Sitegenesis, and a few test cases.
4. It is now necessary to enter into a separate arrangement with Bazaarvoice in order to obtain the hosted services and the web script needed for integration with SFCC. Since Bazaarvoice provides a wide range of services, getting in touch with them and outlining our needs facilitates a simple and quick procedure.
5. The cartridge must now be registered in Business Manager Under:
Add the :int_bazaarvoice:bc_bazaarvoice to the right side of your existing cartridge path and then apply.
6. Now, when we integrate third-party services with SFCC, we usually need to create a Webservice, custom definition attributes, and some metadata, which we already have from Bazaarvoice, so all we need to do is import the data, which we can do through the Site Import and export feature in Business Manager by: Import the site data from the downloaded Link Cartridge and uploading it to the Site Import and export section.
You have now imported all of the custom attributes, jobs, and metadata that are required.
Steps for importing site data and verify if data is imported:
6.1 Locate the site folder in the downloaded cartridge
6.2 Import the site data under Administration→Site development→ Site Import & Export.
6.3 Now you can see the Services under Administration→Operations→services.
6.4 Customize and fill up the details in site Merchant tools→Site preferences→Custom preferences.
6.5 Now you have Custom attributes of BazaarVoice in System object types.
6.6 Under Administration→Operations→Jobs. You can find Jobs related to Bazaarvoice.
Through Bazaarvoice Integration with SFCC, user-generated information like reviews, ratings can be found on e-commerce sites and can help customers make better product choices. Displaying this content on your website is now a simple procedure thanks to Bazaarvoice. With this blog, I intend to provide a clearer picture of how bazaarvoice and SFCC can be integrated, which is an add-on to your website.