How Salesforce Commerce Cloud is Changing The E-Commerce Landscape
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is changing the e-commerce landscape. The buying and selling are fast today. The users can manage all activities on a single platform. The commerce cloud platform is cloud-based and multi-tenant, creating intelligent and unified buying experiences in the mobile, social, web, and store channels.
The impact of professionals in changing the landscape and the benefits to users:
- The professionals have technical knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud architecture and framework and bring all aspects of integrations forward. They oversee the technical scope and meet the client’s expectations. They collaborate well on the challenges and thoroughly understand the complete software development lifecycle and its implementation. Through their expertise, we get well-designed solutions and successful implementation.
- The professionals in charge of delivering the perfect solutions have a good and feature-rich website that attracts customers to its fold. It is available to all users and gives access to information on products and services right on a comfortable internet-connected device.
- They understand the client’s current state processes and work their way to find suitable solutions.
- There are cross-channel customer engagement strategies and the designing of e-commerce solutions across mobile, web, social media, AR/VR, IoT, and video platforms.
- They implement many other popular IT services, boost conversions, and make excellent use of Artificial Intelligence, harnessing their best capabilities.
How a good website impacts your business in eCommerce and why only experts can help you build it:
In this era, product and ticket bookings, transactions, streaming, etc. are all done online.
When customers come to the e-commerce industry in particular, they focus primarily on one thing i.e. the “overall shopping experience”. The shopping experience includes everything from searching for a product to delivering it.
When everything is done online, the focus will be on the operation of the website which includes the UI part, compatibility, scalability, etc.
What does a good website mean?
Let’s figure it out with an example: So consider you have three e-commerce websites X, Y, and Z.
- X has a wide range of products but a website with low visibility, although if that site has products that customers need if you distract your users, they won’t get what they need.
- Y too has a variety of products with good clarity, and ease for searching, but it supports only on desktop. This is a big disadvantage, as nearly 75% of customers are currently shopping on mobile.
- Z has a limited product range with good clarity, and searchability, and supports all types of smart devices like desktops, tablets, and mobile phones, agile and highly scalable.
Now you may be wondering which is the best website among these, right?
Z is the one that meets all the traits which help in providing the best shopping experience.
So to compete with today’s market, you need a team with expertise in Commerce cloud to build a powerful website.
Things that a team of experts does to build a great website:
- Understand NFRs (non-functional requirements) from an end-user perspective.
For example: let’s say a customer approaches a software team with his requirements such as:
1. A website to be built which should display information about his company.
2. Two pages where on the first page the information about the company is displayed
3. On The second page where the customers can reach out to them basically the contact details will be provided.
The above-mentioned customer requirements are functional requirements.
But let’s say there are a few more requirements which are like:
1. Whenever the customer visits the site the customer’s IP address should be stored.
2. The page should get loaded in less than 5ms.
3. The page should use HTTPS protocol.
4. Portability in different devices.
These are a few examples of non-functional- requirements that are not mentioned by the customer/client and should be taken care of by the software team.
Though NFR is not directly impacting the software/product which is developed. But this will be a major factor while testing for the quality of the product/site. Hence understanding NFR is a major task and should be done by a team of experts.
2. Migrate data from legacy system to cloud (commerce platform) in case of migration.
For example, there are a few organizations that are using the old systems(legacy systems) and want to shift to cloud-based systems like the commerce cloud. But they are in fear of data loss while migrating to the cloud. So data migration is a very crucial task and only someone with experience in this task can do it.
3. Follow industry standards in website design.
When someone is constructing a website, there are few industry standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) which is responsible for setting web standards. Following these standards makes the website meets international standards and is certified as a great website.
4. Provide AI-powered sales tools to deliver useful insights and customer experience using Commerce cloud Einstein which helps in achieving the goal of customer satisfaction. Through einstein, we can provide product recommendations from the customer search results, search dictionaries which help in listing out the search terms used which are in the keyword list for example: If a customer search for term shirts for office which should result in formal shirts, the term shirts for office is captured by einstein and added to the keyword list.
5. Open for customization using the Custom cartridge feature in Commerce Cloud.
In Commerce cloud, a basic website is already provided by commerce cloud, apart from the basic website we can customize the site by integrating with 3rd party applications or customizing features according to our requirements on top of architecture by using custom cartridge feature which helps in achieving the customization of the site.
As you learned the importance of shopping experience for customers and how a good website can achieve this through a team of experts and we are experts in this. Reach out to us and we will bring the latest and apt solutions that give you immense benefits. It reduces the need for using numerous tools for tracking sales and deeply analyzes the marketing efforts and operations.