How Salesforce is helping governments during COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has spread its wings far and wide, and nations and governments across the globe are trying to control the spread and establish the next normal. Such times call for a multi-pronged, customized approach to minimize ongoing damage to life and the economy, mitigate imminent risks, stabilize existing state of affairs and grow in the future with an accelerated rate of change.
The Salesforce.com ecosystem forms a potent agent to drive this global socio-economic transition by helping governments, businesses, communities and individuals embrace the next normal through a technology, information, transformation, consulting and connectedness-driven set of interventions that aligns well with its overall business value proposition. Let’s take a look at how Salesforce is helping governments tackle COVID-19 and rendering them support to sustain and grow in these turbulent times.
- Work.com: Work.com is an initiative by Salesforce that is helping governments reopen the workplace as soon as possible, while keeping citizens, employees, customers, partners and communities safe during the pandemic and beyond. Salient features of work.com include workplace command centre, emergency response management, rapid crisis response, contact tracing, workforce reskilling and volunteer & grants management.
- Free data hub: Salesforce, along with Tableau and MuleSoft, has created a free data hub to track, visualize, analyse and comprehend the spread and the impact of COVID-19 on various types of industries, communities and businesses, both on a global and a country-specific scale. The data hub offers solutions ranging across domains such as healthcare, health infrastructure, risk management and human resources to name a few.
- Economy, government & health data track: Salesforce has facilitated data and analysis driven economic dashboards that capture the impact of COVID-19 on the world and country-specific economies. It is helping governments assess the extent of socio-economic disruption, plan for remote yet coordinated and collaborative work, identify key economic indicators and monitor their performance, fight the pandemic itself, optimize healthcare infrastructure whether COVID-related or otherwise, and make informed policy-level decisions backed by timely and relevant insights.
- B-Well Together: B-Well together is a series focused on aligning the mind and the body with positive vibes by listening to and following the advices of leading well-being experts. Regular live sessions with mental and physical wellness experts are helping people manage common crisis-inflicted problems such as anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, feelings of isolation, mood swings, emotional instability, relationship issues etc.
- Salesforce Care: Salesforce has launched another cloud offering called Salesforce Care, a set of support tools for governments and businesses to manage through the crisis. It offers free trial for 90 days, and features employee / customer support, small business tools, industry solutions, workplace giving, app & partner ecosystem coupled with live sessions & onboarding, trails, webinars, guides & an expert community, as well as technical support for new customers.
Salesforce is helping governments tide over the crisis in the area of its core competency as well as some other areas as elaborated. Some real-life use cases of Salesforce include the Maryland system of contact tracing, wherein the State of Maryland, US has built its COVID contact tracing system on Salesforce’s work.com contact tracing platform. Same goes for the state of Rhode Island and several other states and government organizations of the US.
ABSYZ is a trusted salesforce partner for over a decade and we are also helping our customers and contributing in tiding over the COVID-19 crisis in our own way. One of our canteen slot management applications built entirely on customer’s existing force.com platform enabled the customer to have a new app running in less than couple of weeks and at no additional cost.
To know more about how we are simplifying complex business problems using the power of cloud, contact us.