Lightning Experience: Salesforce Summer ’18 Release
The Summer ’18 release delivers more personalized and integrated customer journeys while enabling your team to work smarter with new levels of data insight across your org.
This blog offer a high-level information of some of the major enhancements and features of Summer’18 release.
1.New Lightning Components
The following components are new and require API version 43.0 and later.
- lightning:insertImageButton : – You can use this component only as a subcomponent within the lightning:inputRichText component. It will open the native file browser so that you can select an image to upload and inserts the image inline in the text area.
- lightning:navigation : – It generates a URL for the given pageReference object, which describes a page’s type, attributes, and state. see New Lightning Navigation APIs for Lighitng Components
- lightningsnapin:minimizedAPI : – Enables customization of the user interface for the minimized snap-in in Snap-ins Chat.
- lightningsnapin:settingsAPI : – Enables access to the Live Agent button ID and Live Agent deployment ID for use in the custom pre-chat and minimized components for Snap-ins Chat.
- lightning:recordForm : – Streamlines creating a form to add, view, or update a record. This component makes it easier to create record forms than building them manually with lightning:recordEditForm and lightning:recordViewForm. Set the mode attribute to view, edit, or readonly to specify the type of form.
2.Make Inline Edits While Using Filter Logic : –
Inline editing and filtering logic come together to make your list views more powerful. No setup needed! In Lightning Experience, you can start making inline edits to your list views that use filter logic right away.
3. Streamline Your List Views with Detailed Filters :-
You no longer have to switch to Salesforce Classic to use detailed list view filter criteria. Find important data in your list views with more detailed filters in Lightning Experience, and supercharge your sales reps.
Do you want to see all the open leads in your sales queue from a campaign? Stay on top of your accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, and custom objects by surfacing the most relevant information when you need it. With these new filters, you can filter:
- Accounts by territory
- Contacts by campaign
- Leads by queue and campaign
- Opportunities by territory
- Custom objects by a queue
4. Search the Object You Want Easily from Anywhere :-
When you want to search an object, cut the clutter, and see results only for what you’re searching for, from anywhere in the app. Choose any searchable object in the dropdown list next to the global search box. Enter your search term, and both instant results and full search results are limited to that object.
Limit search to from the dropdown. Now you can focus your search to any searchable object simply by choosing or typing the object name in the dropdown.
The objects you use most frequently are at the top, followed by the full list of searchable objects in alphabetical order.
When you don’t select an object, search works as usual, returning matches from different objects as you type. The Top Results page then shows you the most relevant matches from your most frequently used objects.
5. Organize Records with Topics :-
Topics provide a way to organize records by theme. Now you can use topics on records in Lightning Experience by adding the Topics component to record pages. Topics are automatically enabled for all available standard objects. If you used topics on records in Salesforce Classic, after you add the Topics component, your users see previously added topics on the same records in Lightning Experience.
You can able to configure the title, the placeholder text that appears in the topic editor, and the number of topics shown before the Show More link appears.
The above are some of the useful updates released in Summner’18. For detailed information on these topics and other updates of the release notes, please refer the link here.