With the clarity of the roles that an Salesforce Admin plays in the office set up one can understand the present responsibilities and know what is in store for the future. We are listing the roles of the various levels, and the responsibilities are commensurate with this role. Apart from this, there must be an intuitive spirit, a drive for innovation, and a sense of professionalism in all their actions.
Role in the Junior Admin Capacity
The work assigned to a Junior Salesforce Admin is to be a proactive person who is keen to help a company continually improve and enhance the Salesforce platform, collect all feedback, and design the finest practice solutions. Awareness of all aspects of user management, support tickets, training, and designing solutions. The temperament must be such as to put user satisfaction at the top. An understanding of the Salesforce platform, coordination with users, and a spirit of learning will help in the growth trajectory. The Admin should be keen to know the new business processes and work towards arriving at technical solutions.
When it comes to responsibilities, we list them broadly:
- User and license management, new user setup and deactivation, roles, profiles, and public groups
- User support tickets
- Identify and gather requirements from users and stakeholders
- Keep a watch on changes and trends in Salesforce configuration, Workflow, Process Builder, fields, and page layouts,
- Thorough with custom settings, dashboards, and reporting
- Looking into all aspects of user adoption
- Well-versed in User training and creating training materials
Role in the Mid-level Admin Capacity
A Mid-level Salesforce Admin has an effective role in delivering the best results on the Salesforce platform. The capacity to design scalable best-practice solutions, a good understanding of the Salesforce, and structuring the product road map are parts of the tasks. There must be a deep understanding of the current setup and business aims with a vision to identify spheres of improvement. Another trait is to know the concepts of change management and governance, the art of communication, coordinate with stakeholders at various levels, and manage Salesforce projects. Finally, they must be well versed in translating technical information into easy terms and explaining design options.
Dealing with the responsibilities here are a few:
- Knowledge of user and license management
- Keeping an eye on trends and changes in Salesforce configuration
- Well-versed with the managing Sandbox environment
- Identifying requirements, translating them into best practices, and aim to give the best user experience
- Identifying unused or underutilized features
- Communicating well about the platform changes with users and stakeholders
- Data management, data quality, and implementation of rules and necessary automation,
- Security Reviews, Release Updates, Health Check, and Optimizer
- User training
- Technical documentation
Role in the Senior Admin Capacity
- Deep knowledge of configuration, design, functionality, and end-user support in Salesforce
- Configuration and maintenance of custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, and a focus on formulas, data validation rules, and triggers,
- Responsible for custom workflows, approval processes, and installed packages,
- Maintaining user roles and profiles, security settings, and access settings,
- Establishing and implementing change control and best practices in system maintenance, configuration, and development,
- Constant engagement with business stakeholders for proposing a series of solutions based on Salesforce functioning,
- The approved solutions must become actionable deliverables, with top quality, consistency, and accuracy,
- Managing data imports, database deducing, and data cleaning
- Managing the total integration of applications of Salesforce in CPQ and other fields,
- Identifying risks and spheres for improvement,
- Keenness in successful implementation and adoption of new processes,
- Supporting the Business Operations team in cross-functional projects,
- Cooperating with Business Operations, IT, and stakeholders in matters of data integrity and operational reliability,
- The developing and implementation of necessary training for users, by creating and maintaining training materials and guides, in Salesforce processes
As is evident, the role of an Admin is the foundation of any establishment, and the roles and responsibilities discussed above are suggestive. There may be a situation when Admins must be crisis solvers and a firm pillar of support. They are essential planners, problem-solvers, and heroes with a role that is not simple but complex, varying with the size and structure of a company. Customer service relies on them.
At ABSYZ, we have a Salesforce Admin expert. Make use of their advice to establish a memorable administrative workflow. We will be happy to provide all of its levels and strive for excellent outcomes.