Salesforce lightning is an advanced platform that simplifies many business processes and facilitates the implementation of marvelous applications. With Lightning, we can accelerate development, and with the Lightning Component Framework, we can build responsive applications which work on any device. It is a breakthrough concept that involves Progressive coding and automotive processes. It ensures easy access so businesses unaware of any programming experience can go through it well, create successful applications, and develop customized solutions anywhere. Lightning components boost the app performance and help build custom components for the use of developers and admins to customize Lightning Experience and the Salesforce mobile app.
Lightning App Builder is empowering by nature and helps the admins to build Lightning pages visually, not using the code but opting for off-the-shelf and custom-built Lightning components.
An Experience Builder helps admins build communities visually, not using the code but opting for Lightning templates and components. It leads to seamless customisation and easy deployment of new apps to mobile devices. Interestingly, the Salesforce mobile app and Lightning Experience are built with Lightning components.
- It helps increase productivity and innovation in business, enhancing efficiency for sales and service teams.
- The many advantages of innovative features in Lightning Experience lead to easy sales and personalized service.
- The operations are optimized, and businesses run better on Lightning Experience. Another advantage is that more accurate and comprehensive data helps improve business performance and user engagement. The result is the generation of insight into sales and service operations.
- Through it, the app-building is fast.
- It enables IT and businesses to create apps using no-code builders and pro-code tools.
- When professionals use Lightning, there is a 25% saving in the time spent building customisations, and the work gets smarter owing to the AI.
- The decisions are born out of insights, with the addition of analytics, prediction, and input from Einstein. Studying trends and visualization of KPIs leads to a scalable business.
There are a few Distinct Features of lightning in Salesforce, and we discuss them in detail:
1) Lightning Experience
Lightning experience is a graphical user interface with speed to ensure quick and accurate processes.
There are innovative and redesigned pages in the Salesforce lightning experience to find records quickly and facilitate accessible reports and dashboards. There is access through easy navigation and clicking of the icons helping to reach different fields, functions, validation rules, and page layouts on a single page. It also enables the most satisfying user experience and tracks past and future activities. It is a boon for better performance.
2) Lightning App Builder
It helps in developing creative applications through drag-and-drop facilities. One can relocate the lighting components for mobile and computer applications in the segments.
1) pre-built components from Salesforce
2) components from Lightning Exchange built by Salesforce partners
3) the custom components.
3) Lightning Component Framework
4) Lightning Design System
It offers best practices related to user experience and guides in application development. It has a consistent and user-friendly look and uses interface elements through HTML and CSS codes which also supports specialized animation and motion effects, giving a fantastic experience.
5) Lightning Connect
It makes Data integration from an external source through Salesforce.com by using the integration tool Salesforce Lightning Connect. This also provides access to All relevant Data from SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft in real-time, allowing integration.
Some important facts
- Companies today know that productivity comes with being efficient and effective. Also, there is a recognition that sales enablement technology is immense to reach the next level.
- According to the Harvard Business Review ( https://hbr.org/2016/04/the-paradox-of-workplace-productivity), U.S. government data suggests overall labor productivity has only grown 1-2% per year during the tech boom. Employees believe that the right technology solution makes them more productive, and this is true as per the data.
- In case the success is not up to the mark, we need to have a relook at the process and team, and efforts.
- For measuring pure success, the win rate is applicable — and here, there must always be an improvement.
- Organizations achieve success using the proper tools when they have the right technology.
- Technology is a major driving factor that helps collaborate and bring innovative solutions to challenges and problems.
- Millennial sales people embrace modern sales technology and move ahead on the path of productivity. This measure will lead to long-term productivity and overall success for companies and can happen through implementing lightning and giving the best results.